Conference held on Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
The forum deals with technologies and case studies offering the possibility for Kenyan companies and public stakeholders to get in touch with technologically leading German companies. The latter wish to expand their scope of business into the Kenyan economy in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Energy efficiency applications in Kenya are becoming more and more important in this era of high electricity prices. Kenyan industries are approaching international standards in their production processes and must exploit efficiency potentials at all stages of value creation. The regulatory framework supports this especially in the area of compulsory energy audits for large-scale consumers, specifications for the use of solar thermal systems and, in the future, the introduction of energy efficiency labels.
These are perfect conditions for making use of this potential for suppliers of energy-efficient machines, components and solutions. End users are becoming more and more aware of the advantages of German quality products and potential business partners are prepared to place them in the market in the long run.
A set of renowned German solution providers present on the forum presented and discussed their competitive edge in optimizing energy consumption.
- Sunset Energietechnik: A German PV-module manufacturer offering Solar power and Solar heating solutions
- SunConcept Plüster: Solar power plants including the possibility for project financing as well as Solar heating
- SAACKE: Burner System optimization for better performance and lower emissions of industrial combustion units
- PlanET Biogas Global: Biogas plants ranging from commercial to industrial scope starting with 40 kW
- Kaeser Kompressoren: Industrial, stationary and mobile, air compressing solutions and related products and services
- BayWa r.e.: Industrial and Commercial Solar power plants including the possibility for project financing.
With energy prices on the rise and energy resources becoming scarce, both prosperity and competitiveness increasingly depend on our ability to use energy as efficiently as possible. Strengthening local manufacturing to increase value creation will play a significant role in Kenya in the future.
This significantly enhances attractive investment opportunities for German project developers and technology providers. German companies can use the opportunity to position themselves as reliable partners with a strong and solid background of technology experience in energy efficiency and renewable technologies. This allows them to offer competitive products and services along the whole value chain inclusive of the provision of training and entering local partnerships.
©Delegation of German Industy and Commerce in Kenya