Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences (HSRW), Germany, and Ho Technical University (HTU), Ghana, are currently looking for private sector and civil society stakeholders in Ghana, who are interested in a closer collaboration with both universities.
One of the main goals of the collaboration is to increase the applied character and practical relevance of study programs, in order to improve the business and technical skills and competencies of future HTU graduates.
During the initial project phase, areas of industry-university collaboration include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Presenting your company to HTU students and graduates (job fairs), which will give you preferential access to the best-performing HTU students in their fields
- Hosting selected students for a formal internship, which will give you the opportunity to assess their performance during an extended practice period before you consider any potential hiring
- Hosting selected students for a thesis research project closely supervised by a professor of HSRW and/or HTU, which could help you solve a practical problem of your company
- Supporting the definition of professional skills and competencies graduates should have, thereby ensuring that future HTU graduates meet your company’s needs
- Collaboration in applied research projects (funded by third parties), through which your company could get access to cutting-edge know-how and technology