The spectacular Castle Solitude, also known as Solitude Palace, was constructed from 1764 to 1769 and houses the Akademie Schloss Solitude, a programme that intends to promote gifted young artists by providing residency fellowships and by organising events and exhibitions for its residents.
The application deadline is 30 April.
The academy will accept applications from the following disciplines:
- Music and performing arts.
- Visual arts and media.
- Digital art, gaming, digital journalism, digital publishing.
- Architecture and design.
- Literature and language.
- Education, mediation and theory.
- Humanities and social, natural and economic sciences.
Decisions regarding fellowship allocations are taken by an independent panel of specialist jurors responsible for the various spheres. Fellowships are usually awarded for a period of six, nine or 12 months.
Who can apply?
- All artists in the above-mentioned disciplines should apply.
- Applicants should not be older than 40.
- Applications from students enrolled in degree programmes will not be considered.
- Applications from artists will be accepted.
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating.
- A monthly fellowship grant of €1 200.
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).